I thought you may be interested in a few irrational and sometime just plain ridiculous remarks made by Donald Trump the leading Republican candidate over these last few months. Here they are:
- “I would water board terrorists and more” (Torture is against international law, and gives justification to terrorists to do the same)
- “I would bomb the shit out of ISIS in Iraq and Syria and that includes carpet bombing.”
- “Not only would I take out the terrorists. I’d take out their families too.”
- “Would disallow all Muslims from entering the U. S., and that goes for businessmen and tourists.”
- “I would confiscate ISIS oil and sell it on the open market.” (or what’s left of it, rebuild the rigs using Cheney’s cash cow Halliburton)
- “Will build a 2,000 mile fence on the Mexican border and deport 11,000,000 illegals, and only allow them to return if they become legal. If they’re here illegally they’ve gotta to go.”
- Build a great wall and Mexicans will pay for it. Then they’ll wake up and start behaving.”
- Explaining to China: Listen Motha…F.., we are going to tax you 25%.”
- “Lazy black guys counting money, I don’t want them counting my money
- “The reason the Clinton’s came to my wedding is money. I contribute to them. That’s how it works. It’s all favors and money.” (how true)
- But, Don, the demagogue, does come out with some good stuff occasionally, like “If you can’t get rich dealing with stupid politicians, something is wrong with you” and “Politicians are such a disaster, good people are not interested in being one.”
Donald Trump, the businessman, is a deal maker alright, and a good one, but has no experience in subtleties in political affairs and international diplomacy. In this hazardous nuclear age one must learn to cushion words. Moreover, there is Newton’s third law of Physics which states, ‘For every action there is an equal an opposite reaction.’ This is true in politics and international relations.
Trump was born in 1946 to a wealthy real estate owning family and is well-educated. Missed serving in Vietnam, but has not had it easy. Don has struggled. Dad loaned him only, only one million dollars during his early 20’s to learn and experiment in his own business.
JOTTED ON MY SHABBY CUFF:
Chicago Mayor Rahm Imanuael authorized an additional 1,400 taser guns be place in police cars in order to preclude a similar occurrence as happened to the seventeen year old Laquan Mc Donald. The youth had sixteen bullets pumped into his body while walking away with a small knife in his hand.
The tragic video of the assassination surfaced after more than a year, hiding in plain sight. How could such an explosive, grossest film go unnoticed for so long? Dozens among several high-ranking officers viewed it. One wonders? Word gets around in any office. The police chief is terminated and a few cops grudgingly accept reprimands after all this time. Is it just a coincidence that the tight mayoralty election had something to do with the delay of its release? Of course it did.
The one person, where the buck stops, whether he saw it or not, should be the one terminated, but remains in office. Mayor Imanual should be the one to go and should have immediately resigned. It’s a long shot he didn’t know.
The Anne Frank Fund is fighting to keep the famous diary off the internet due to the original copyright, supposedly shared by several others. There’s money and livelihood in this fight. It came to bear that the diary was edited and co-authored by her dad after the war. I tried to obtain the salaries of the fund’s staff, but they’re keeping it to themselves as a non-profit historical organization.
The recent ban on flights through Warsaw’s Mokin municipal Airport was lifted this week. The threat of a bomb aboard an aircraft proved to be a hoax. How many of these threats are hoaxes? Figures are hard to acquire, but I suspect many, too many, are hoaxes and the percentage is high. In order to prove my point I phoned New York’s JFK, Chicago’s O’ Hare, and Washington’s Dulles each week and I say I’m a terrorist and want to report a bomb plot at your airport. They say who is this? I say “I’m Miller and I live in Indonesia the most populous Muslim country in the world” Then I hear the operator turn to his assistant and say, “OH, Shit, it’s the nut living on Batam island again.”
The Chinese have created three new military units, and have announced the start of building a second homegrown aircraft carrier. The U. S. has decommissioned three the past few years and presently have eleven. Not to worry, large aircraft carriers are floating coffins.
Have a happy prosperous year ahead and…
All the best.