Weekend news off the Asian wires read in two minutes or less:
- India and Napal battle heavy monsoon rains and floods.
- Uniko Koike becomes first female governor of Tokyo District.
- Two sisters shot dead in Pakistan ‘honor Killing’ (Wore lipstick)
- Philippine President Duterte withdraws communist ceasefire offer.
- Chinese consortium bids 44 billion dollars for Caesars Palace.
- China guarantees safety for Tibetan monk’s funeral.
- Turkey tightens control of military after failed coup, releases 728 soldiers.
- Turkish marchers in two German cities support President Erdogon.
- Insurgents storm two Iraq power plants killing six, four attackers dead.
- Russian helicopter shot down in Syria, five aboard, fate unknown.
- Trump under attack for mocking fallen U. S. Muslim soldier’s parents.
- Father, mother of fallen soldier speak out against Trump’s criticism.
- Pope: ‘Islam not terrorist faith.’ Catholics, Muslims pray at priest’s funeral.
- Sixteen dead in hot air balloon crash in Texas.
- Palestinian attempting to stab Israeli soldier shot dead.
- U. S. man without parachute dives 25,000 feet into targeted net.
- New air launch nuclear Cruise missle planned for bidding. (Pentagon)
All the Best.