Posted at 12:27 pm , on August 30, 2016
Greetings Readers, For the busy person Asian Headline News to be read in two minutes or less. Singapore increases precaution as 56 new Zika cases reported. Typhoon Lionrock set to slam into Japan…
Source: Asian News Network Briefs #33
Posted at 12:23 pm , on August 30, 2016
For the busy person Asian Headline News to be read in two minutes or less.
- Singapore increases precaution as 56 new Zika cases reported.
- Typhoon Lionrock set to slam into Japan’s northern island group.
- Thai envoy returning from South Korea arrested on corruption charges.
- North Korea publicly executes two senior officials.
- ISIS takes credit for Yemen suicide bombing killing 71 soldier recruits.
- Philippine President Dutarte plans visit with Obama.
- Duarte: China must abide by South China Sea maritime rules.
- U. S. alarm, as Turkey warns Syrian Kurds of new air strikes.
- Turkish air strikes kill 28, and Kurdish regulars and KPP fighters.
- Turkish strikes mostly against Kurdish forces, complicate strategy.
- Kurdish forces reportedly moving to east of Euphrates river.
- Obama and Erdogon to meet on sidelines at G-20 summit.
- Iran detains nuclear negotiator suspected of spying for U. S.
- Minister states US-EU free trade talks have failed.
- Merkel urges Turkey not to bring immigrant conflicts into Germany.
- Merkel ask EU to not turn its back on Muslim immigrants.
- EU orders Ireland to recover 13 billion eros in back taxes from Apple.
- Legendary actor, comedian, Billy Wilder dies at 84, Mel Brooks to give eulogy.
All the Best.