Posted at 12:29 pm , on September 9, 2016
Greetings Readers, News taken from Asian headlines to be read in two minutes or less. North Korea hails great success of its fifth nuclear test North Korea nuclear test ‘unacceptable’: …
Source: Channel News Asia Briefs #40
Posted at 12:22 pm , on September 9, 2016
News taken from Asian headlines to be read in two minutes or less.
- North Korea hails great success of its fifth nuclear test
- North Korea nuclear test ‘unacceptable’: Japan PM Abe.
- Tokyo stocks significantly lower after North Korea nuke test.
- Obama warns North Korea of serious ‘consequences.’
- China is strongly opposed to North Korea nuclear testing.
- After ASEAN summit Dutarte visits Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Turkey sacks 11,500 teachers over suspected links to Kurdish PKK.
- U.S. sends 450 more troops to Iraq now totaling near 5,000.
- 6.3 magnitude earthquake hits off Australia’s Artic base.
- Guantanamo prison closes one camp as others phase down.
- Oil prices surge after U. S. reports of reduced crude stockpile.
- 20 U. S. Marine personnel face trial over Muslim recruits death.
- Merkel states preference to be given to Christian emigrants.
- Muslims begin Hajj to Mecca and Medina, Saudi Arabia.
- Presidential candidate ‘What is Aleppo?’ at military briefing.
- Obama calls candidate Donald Trump unqualified and wacky.’
- Voters and public concerned with Trump’s aparent ‘love’ for Putin.
All the Best.