For the busy reader, headlines meant to be read in two minutes or less.
- Super-Typhoon Meranti slams into Taiwan and Fujian Province China.
- Indonesian scholars issue Fatwa against land burning.
- China unseats 45 lawmakers for vote-buying and bribery.
- Turkey demands U. S. arrest cleric Golen alleged coup master.
- U. S. strikes destroy significant war chemical facility near Mosul.
- Most of Syria calm after ceasefire takes effect. (UN)
- Russia says Syrian forces in full compliance with ceasefire.
- U. S. agrees to record 38 Billion dollar military aid buy for Israel.
- Israel shells Syrian military bases after alleged mortar attack.
- Former Israel President Peres suffers stroke, but recovering.
- Pentagon says, disturbing trend of Iran harassing U. S. planes.
- Kurdish group claims responsibility for car bombing in city of Van.
- Syrian war deaths presently over 300,000.
- Six fighters killed in Ukraine despite push for peace.
- British Ebola patient accused of misleading doctors.
- Oil prices fall after release of overstock report.
- U. S. challenges China rice, cereal subsidies deal.
- After six ISIL arrested Merkel condemned for immigration policy.
- China to be first trillion-dollar aircraft market. (Boeing)
- U. S. household expenditures rise first time since 2008 recession.
- Clinton ‘feeling significantly better ‘on campaign trail in 2 days.’
- Trump to outline economic plan in speech today.
- Trump foundation under investigation for ‘improprieties.’
(News items gathered from Cannelnewsasia.com, Aljazeera, & France 24)
All the best.