Posted at 12:38 pm , on October 8, 2016
Greetings Readers, Asian News for the busy reader to be read in two minutes or less. Pakistan enacts long-awaited anti-honor killing law. Two tons of ivory confiscated in Vietnam. Taiwan joints pol…
Source: Asian Headline News Briefs #53
Posted at 12:37 pm , on October 8, 2016
Asian News for the busy reader to be read in two minutes or less.
- Pakistan enacts long-awaited anti-honor killing law.
- Two tons of ivory confiscated in Vietnam.
- Taiwan joints policing of South China Sea with Japan.
- Philippines state: ‘We can cope without U. S. military aid.
- Duterte says current joint maneuvers with U. S will be the last.
- Duterte defies U. S. CIA to oust him from power.
- Satellite shows North Korea preparing for new nuclear test.
- Thai government under scrutiny for nepotism and spending.
- Mauritius finds more missing MH-370 debris. *
- Obama formally lifts sanctions on Myanmar.
- Two Myanmar villagers arrested for insulting Ang Suu Kye.
- Indonesia moves to have joint patrols of South China Sea with Japan.
- France, U. K. request UN directive to stop Aleppo bombing.
- U. S.’s Kerry asks war crimes investigation into Aleppo bombings.
- Russia, Syria say UN proposal on Aleppo bombing unexceptable .
- Russia, Syria ratify deal to permanently keep bases in Syria.
- Political populous foes add risks to world economy.
- IMF warns U. S. a rate hike will disrupt Asian capital flow.
- Former British PM Tony Blair hints of a political comeback.
- U. S. accuses Russia of cyber interference with election.
- Verizon pushes for one billion dollar discount in Yahoo deal.
- Final call on Haiti typhoon Matthew death toll stands at 800.
- Trump caught on tape making lewd remarks about women.
- Trump apologizes, sorry for using vulgar language.
- One in six Japanese workers will live shorter lives due to over-work.