Asian news meant to be read within two minutes or less by the busy reader.
- Duterte says ‘U.S. military ties with Philippines are all but over.’
- Typhoon Haina lashes north Luzon on way to China. Eight dead.
- Castration law will wipe out Indonesia’s sex crimes.
- Indonesia ratifies Paris Climate Control Treaty.
- North Korea launch of intercontinental missile fails second time.
- U. S. warns of overwhelming response to North Korea nuclear attack.
- U. S. General say it appears ISIS is abandoning Mosul.
- Iraq Prime Minister Upbeat of victory in Mosul Offensive.
- CIA: ISIS expected to use chemical weapons in Mosul fight.
- Obama, CIA: ‘Recapture of Mosul could take weeks or longer. *
- Pause in Aleppo, Syria bombings in effect into in third day.
- Up to 200 Kurdish militants killed by Turkish airstrikes near Aleppo.
- U. N. sponsored temporary ceasefire in Yemen conflict begins.
- Hopes low on Putin Ukraine, Syria meeting in Berlin.
- Ukraine ‘Road map to peace’ by end of November. Kremlin.
- Debate concludes with win survey results Clinton 53%, Trump 39%.
- GOP candidate Trump may not pledge to final election poll.
*Note: With 115,000 mechanized crack coalition troops, complete air superiority, and with American advisors and special forces on the ground, why are estimates to recapture Mosul so extended? Reportedly ISIS fighting strength in Mosul is 15,ooo by Iraq and Iran count, taken in 2 June 2016; The Kurds, Kurdistan reported about 20,000 in September 2016; The U.S. Coalition state 10,000, while other sources disclose 17,500 ISIS militants deployed in Mosul. The latest by CIA report is 3000 to 4,500 ISIS, with over 7,000 Mosul supporters.
*What has not been taken into account by the Media, or well reported to the public, is the ISIS capture of Mosul more than two years ago was quick and unhindered with few deaths and little destruction. (almost none) The ISIS then governed in moderation becoming semi-compatible with the divers population and gained a significant number of Muslim supporters among inhabitants. For some, maybe many, citizens of Mosul, the Iraqi-Coalition offensive is not welcome.
News gleaned from ChannelnewsAsia, Aljeera, French 24, & BBC.
All the best.