Asian news items meant to be read in two point five minutes or less.
- India kills 18 Maoist insurgents in eastern provinces.
- Four solders dead in India-Pakistan border skirmish.
- Chinese President XI consolidates power, discipline in meeting.
- Chinese vice Foreign Minister visits North Korea.
- Duterte in second day of friendship visit to Japan.
- U. S. diplomat says America-Philippine are allies, relations strong.
- U. S. soon to deploy 330 military personnel to Norway.
- Mosul offensive in high gear against tough ISIS resistance
- Turkey states artillery provided for Mosul battle. (Iraq denies it)
- Humanitarian pause in Aleppo fighting ended Sunday. (Russia)
- Gunmen kill at least 59 wound 117 at Pakistan police academy
- Saudi led Coalition has killed 11,000 Yemen civilian so far this year.
- At least 20 dead in Thailand police station bombing.
- Vietnam hunts for 100s of addicts after escape from rehab facility.
- Syrian refugee children labor in Turkish garment factories
- Brazil waives Japan, U. S. visa requirements to enter country
- IMF states presently Pakistan out of economic crisis.
- China HNL group buys 25% in Hilton hotel chain.*
- U. S. stocks gain as Warner, AT&T stocks fall due to uncertainty.
- CO#2 gas in atmosphere hits all time high.
- AirIndia non-stop flight sets world record for commercial aircraft.
- Japan teen skater, Uno, wins Skate America event.
- Shark attacks surfer at Byron Bay, Australia. *
* The earth has nearly seven billion people on it, 4/5th of the globe surface is water, yet each year with heavy promotions by Hollywood, National Geographic, and the Discovery Channel documentaries fear is driven into the public mind about sharks. Less than 100 people are killed by sharks each year worldwide. You can look it up on any search engine. Try hippos, bees, and lightening for starters.
New items taken from Channel News Asia, BBC, CNN, and France 24.
All the Best.