News brief of Asia and the Middle East meant to be read in two minutes or less.
- After a three-day pause Iraqi forces resume Mosul offensive.
- Saudi led coalition airstrikes Yemen detention facility, killing 60.
- Coalition says bombing was on Houthi communication center.
- Syrian rebels attack east Aleppo killing 36 civilians.
- Ten killed in Baghdad car bomb attack on Shiite market area.
- Afghanistan losing drug war. (Minister)
- Angry New Deli residents choke on fireworks smoke and smog.
- UNICEF says 300 million children worldwide breathe tonic air.
- Turkey detains editor staff of several opposition newspapers.
- South Korea President apologizes for her part in internet leak.
- South Korea President Chi Si Park sacks ten senior advisor.
- Indonesia on high alert due to anticipated government protests.
- Vietnam reports first case of Zika.
- Australia PM defends his position to not allow boat people to enter.
- World Sea piracy plummets to 20 year low.
- Oil prices fall on OPEC ‘non-promise ‘ to cut production.
- Asian markets stall on U. S. election worries.
- U. S. Universal Studies theme park breaks ground in China.
- Pope to Sweden to commemorate Martin Luther memorial.
- FBI Chief my have broken law by reopening Clinton mail case.
(News items gleaned from Channel News Asia and France 24)
All the Best.