News items meant to be read in two minutes or less by the busiest people.
- China President XI slams Communist Party conspiracy theories.
- China condemns South Korea warning shot at its fishing vessels.
- Philippine leader releases 17 Vietnamese fishermen.
- Duterte meets with Mindanao Muslim leaders for peace talks.
- Three killed in south Thailand attack.
- Japan to will provide a 7.73 billion dollar loan to Myanmar.
- South Korea arrests president’s friend and an aid in leak scandal.
- Iraqi special forces capture section of east Mosul and TV station.
- Battle for Mosul is going as planned but tough fighting ahead. (U.S Gen.)
- Fighting inside Mosul encounters suicide bombers and snipers.
- Report 40 Iraqi soldier’s bodies dumped into river. (Unconfirmed)
- ISIS Mosul leader Baghdadi urges member to stand and fight for the city.
- Russia extend moratorium on Aleppo airstrikes by 12 hours.
- Russia seals Amnesty International office in Moscow.
- Australia arrests three foreign fighters.
- Clinton, Trump begin final pitch four days before America vote.
- Obama tells voters ‘Faith of American Republic depends on you.’
- U. S. stocks fall as uncertainty of election reins in Wall Street.
- Indonesia’s hopes fade for 44 missing after Batam ferry accident.
- Indonesia arrests Unghur man for links to IS terror plot.*
- Malayan MH-370 spun out of control into the Indian Ocean. (Analysis)**
*Brief last reported police alert for violent protests in Jakarta was unclear; Taxi and cycle driver complain apps are stealing trade reducing income by 60%.
** Mysterious disappearance of flight continues to have legs after two years. (See last weeks parody post)
(News items gleaned from Channelnewsasia.com, France 24, BBC, and CNN)
All the Best.