Posted at 1:09 pm , on November 6, 2016
Greetings Readers. Asian and Middle East news read in two minutes or less by busy readers. Thousands Korean police stand by for antigovernment rally. South Korea court issues warrens for two former…
Source: Asia and Middle East Headlines #65
Posted at 1:07 pm , on November 6, 2016
Asian and Middle East news read in two minutes or less by busy readers.
- Thousands Korean police stand by for antigovernment rally.
- South Korea court issues warrens for two former presidential aides.
- Thousands of Muslims protest against Jakarta governor’s blasphemy.
- Jakarta protest turn violent one dead, hundreds injured, arrested.
- President Wadodo cancels Australia trip due to internal concerns.
- Turkey announces trial for nine newspaper staff over support of Kurds.
- Raid by Turkish police detain 15 Kurdish party members.
- Turkey uses water cannon teargas to quell Kurdish protesters.
- Both ISIS and Kurdish PKK claim responsibility for Diyarbakir bombing.
- Iraq PM issues Mosul encouraging rally statement and warning to ISIS.
- At least ten killed in twin Tikrit, Iraq suicide bombings.
- Iraq Air Force claims to have hit 71 targets surrounding Mosul.
- Iraq military battles to liberate last major town south of Mosul.
- Russian moratorium on Aleppo air strikes expires.
- Syrian and U.S. backed forces targets ISIS Raqqa bastion.
- New Deli draws comparison of city smog to ‘gas chamber.’
- Deli government announces three-days school shutdown over smog
- Thousand attend Israeli peace rally honoring Rabin.
- Champion Filipino boxer Pacquiao reclaims WBO Welterweight Title.
- Candidate Trump hustled off Nevada stage for security concerns.
- Trump, Clinton duel in final weekend battle to win key election states.
- Washington-CBS poll reveals Clinton ahead 48% vs. Trump 43%.
(News items gleaned from Asian channels, BBC, France 24, Aljzeera)
All the Best.