Asian and Middle East news read in two minutes or less by busy readers.
- Thousands Korean police stand by for antigovernment rally.
- South Korea court issues warrens for two former presidential aides.
- Thousands of Muslims protest against Jakarta governor’s blasphemy.
- Jakarta protest turn violent one dead, hundreds injured, arrested.
- President Wadodo cancels Australia trip due to internal concerns.
- Turkey announces trial for nine newspaper staff over support of Kurds.
- Raid by Turkish police detain 15 Kurdish party members.
- Turkey uses water cannon teargas to quell Kurdish protesters.
- Both ISIS and Kurdish PKK claim responsibility for Diyarbakir bombing.
- Iraq PM issues Mosul encouraging rally statement and warning to ISIS.
- At least ten killed in twin Tikrit, Iraq suicide bombings.
- Iraq Air Force claims to have hit 71 targets surrounding Mosul.
- Iraq military battles to liberate last major town south of Mosul.
- Russian moratorium on Aleppo air strikes expires.
- Syrian and U.S. backed forces targets ISIS Raqqa bastion.
- New Deli draws comparison of city smog to ‘gas chamber.’
- Deli government announces three-days school shutdown over smog
- Thousand attend Israeli peace rally honoring Rabin.
- Champion Filipino boxer Pacquiao reclaims WBO Welterweight Title.
- Candidate Trump hustled off Nevada stage for security concerns.
- Trump, Clinton duel in final weekend battle to win key election states.
- Washington-CBS poll reveals Clinton ahead 48% vs. Trump 43%.
(News items gleaned from Asian channels, BBC, France 24, Aljzeera)
All the Best.