Posted at 1:45 pm , on December 11, 2016
Greetings Readers, Asian and Middle East Brief to be read in two minutes or less by the busy reader: Istanbul car and suicide bombs kill 32, injure 126. Twenty-seven of the 32 deaths were targeted …
Source: Asia and Middle East News Briefs #74
Posted at 1:41 pm , on December 11, 2016
Asian and Middle East Brief to be read in two minutes or less by the busy reader:
- Istanbul car and suicide bombs kill 32, injure 126.
- Twenty-seven of the 32 deaths were targeted police officers.
- Jakarta, Indonesia State Palace bombing planting foiled by police work.
- Anti-Chinese protests break out in Hong Kong on eve of election.
- China stops coal imports from North Korea after sanctions declared.
- North Korea military drills target South’s Blue House.
- South Korea arrest two former President Park’s senior officials.
- Malaya says radical Abu Sayyaf leader killed in shootout.
- Kerry urges Russia to ‘show grace’ in Aleppo negotiations.
- Government forces control 90% of Aleppo municipality.
- ISIS counter-offensive attacks Palmyra as Russia launches airstrikes.
- Turkey submits bill to increase President Erdogan authority.
- Nobel Peace fetes Columbia, Bob Dillon absent from ceremony.
- Blast near Cairo Coptic Cathedral kills at least 25, dozens wounded.
- German Prime Minister says jobs, education key to defeating ISIS. (?)
- Non-OPEC members agree to cut daily production by half million bbls.
- Iran purchases 80 Boeing aircraft for 1.6 billion dollars.
- U. S. Republicans, GOP, denies Russia helped Trump win election.
- Russian athletes face lengthy bans after doping report made public.
- Trump likely to name former EXXON Chief as Secretary.
(New take from Cannelnewsasia.com, BBC, and Al Ajazzera.)
All the Best.