Asian and Middle East News Briefs to be read by the busy reader in two minutes or less.
- Turkey President Urdogon says 40,000 arrested over failed coup.
- Emirates deny any involvement in Cairo Coptic cathedral bombing.
- Putin, Abe meet to discuss timely issue of disputed norther islands.
- 200 Chinese arrested in Spain over 16 million dollar fraud case.
- Satellites reveal continued South China Sea military buildup.
- Indonesia arrests three women in connection with palace bombing.
- Marine osprey aircraft grounded on Okinawa after at sea crash.
- Philippine President admits he personally executed drug criminals.
- Philippine Senators oppose Duterte despite continued threats.
- ‘Shadow doctors’ visit Korean President while under impeachment.
- Four Singaporeans arrested for rapes of two Taiwanese women.
- Aleppo ceasefire on again after heavy fighting and airstrikes.
- Evacuation of 4,000 rebel fighters and family members to begin today.
- Iran says coalition fighters have taken nearly all of East Mosul.
- Obama allows continuation of Iran sanctions.
- Palestinian dies in hospital after stabbing Israeli officer.
- Dow drops 118 points after the Fed interest rate rised by o.25.
- Non-OPEC suppliers to raise exports but end of glut assured.
- More than one billion Yahoo users hacked in 2013.
- Yahoo says state sponsored hackers caused the Internet breach.
(News taken from ChannelnewsAsia, CNN, BBC, and France 24 channel)
All the Best.
Do follow two recent posts, “A Friendly Visit to a Mosque, and “Trump: A Bull in the China Shop.”