Asian and Middle Eastern News to be read in two minutes or less
- Three blasts in Kabul, Afghanistan kill 50 and wound 100.
- Five dead in Kandahar bombing wounds Emirate’s Ambassador.
- Heavy flooding in south Thailand one million relocated, 25 die.
- Pakistan launches first submerged submarine missile.
- South Korean monk sets himself on fire during anti-Park rally
- New jail break in Philippines frees prisoners, 97 still at large.
- U. S. Marines send squadron of F-35s to Okinawa, Japan.
- Taiwan scrambles Jet and Chinese ‘war planes’ near islands.
- China issues white paper concerning South China Sea security.
- U. S. warns Indonesia of possible ISIS network links in Java.
- Kerry to attend Middle East peace conference in Paris.
- World Bank trims world growth forecast to 2.7 %
- China sees moderate growth ahead but not hard landing.
- Indian police rescues 6000 turtles during record poacher haul.
- Tens of thousand attend funeral for former Iran President Rafsanjani.
- Mexican Paso hits record lows on currency markets.
- Mexican government says it will in no way pay for Trump’s Wall.
- GM states there are not changes in investment plans.
- Cadillac plans to import vehicles from China to the U. S.
- Dutch trains presently are run on solar wind energy
- Former U. N. Chief’s family indicted for bribery.
- U. S. sentences Charleston church shooter to death.
- Alibaba Chief Jack Ma attends positive NYC meeting with Trump.
- Kremlin denies it has compromising video of Trump.
- Obama give final farewell address to nation in Chicago.
(News items gleaned from ChannelnewsAsia, BBC, France 24, CNN)
All the Best.