Asia, Middle East News Brief to be read in two minutes or less by the busy reader.
- China Foreign Minister seeks to manage U. S. China differences.
- 17 Indonesians detained for booking flights to Syria.
- Duarte says to super powers ‘No proxy wars over South China Sea.
- New defense Secretary plans debut visits to Japan, South Korea.
- India’s Prime Minister Modi invited to Trump White House.
- Syrian peace deal, ratified by Russia, Syria, Turkey after Atbara talks.
- East Mosul liberated from ISIS, western Mosul offensive to begin.
- Israel starts construction of 2,500 homes in occupied West Bank.
- Palestinian Leaders condemn building and appeal to U. N.
- Trump meets three giant automakers, say to build and sell in U. S.
- Trump asks Comey to stay on as FBI Director.
- Trump sign order to revive controversial Keystone XL pipeline.
- U.S. stocks gain on Trumps economic program.
- Trump to address joint session of Congress on 20 February.
- Trump to name Supreme Court nominee next week.
- Trump say millions of illegals voted against him, offers no proof.
- Trump states: We will build a security wall with Mexico.
- Trump Administration plans temporary immigration ban.
- U. S. oil-producing dependent states slide into recession.
- China’s Alibaba quarterly stock surge 54% due domestic orders.
- Lockheed Martin profits rise 19.7% on defense orders.
(News taken from Asian News Networks, France 24, Aljzeera, & BBC)
All the Best.