- Ran Paul, bless him, has asked Trump not to appoint John Bolton as Security Chief. Agreed, this former Bush Ambassador to the United Nations is an aggressive sometimes emotional cheerleader for conflict and war.
- There are thousands of civilians still left in western Mosul that have not evacuated despite grave danger. These folks of Muslim and mixed ethnicity do not want to leave their homes and businesses and do not support the Baghdad regime nor the coalition advance. Their goal is independence from both Baghdad and ISIS.
- H. R. McMasters has been appointed as National Security Advisor. McMasters has often criticized military policy hatched by politicians of both parties. I have read his excellent tome, Dereliction of Duty, concerning the Vietnam war. In it the General told it like it as was at the time, the mistaken steps leading to the fiasco. It cost him prestige among the Pentagon’s hardcore, but was vastly acclaimed by others. There was little denying the book was written with accuracy from the stand point of an insider. I believe McMasters on occasions will seriously differ and conflict with national strategist Bannon.
- The misstatement by Trump at his Florida rally that of ‘Sweden’s immigration terrorism’ is a tempest in a teapot, small potatoes feasted on by the Media. So, Trump made a mistake based on a FOx news item. Big Deal! It’s been a prominent news story. The only issue I have with it is I hope Trump doesn’t make a similar mistake while his finger is on the nuclear ICBM button or we’re all done.
- A lot of good liberal stuff is on the internet these days like Counterpunch, Truthbetold, Aljazeera, VA Today, Paul Creig Roberts, Ralph Nader, Veterans Against Fascism. I check into these but attempt to get both sides of the story, like listening, when I can from my foreign location, Breitbart, Rush Limbaugh, and who could ever forget FOx’s propaganda network for the GOP.
- It appears some of the POTUS appointees have more sense than Trump does when it comes to loud mouth confrontation; however, the provocations with China continue, more American combat ships join the South China Sea petrol. Why are they there taking into account incidence, skirmishes, and small battles can lead to nuclear war, that is unless there is something we don’t know and should.
- Trump has flat-out stated the ‘Media is not his enemy, the Media is the enemy of the people.‘ I’ve heard those words from dictators, Hitler and Stalin, as a kid and during my lifetime. McCain is absolutely correct when he says a dictator’s first political act is to muzzle the press.’
- In summation CNN’s GPS had a depiction concerning Trump’s ongoing super campaign activity of last week. Host Zakaria noted ‘Activity does not mean Progress and showed a wooden child’s rocking horse in motion, rocking but not moving forward. Trump has supplied the public and his supporters with posturing, but actually little as been accomplished, and what has been done is confusing and confounding.
All the Best.