Posted at 11:19 am , on March 18, 2017
Posted at 11:05 am , on March 18, 2017
Asian, Middle Eastern and U. S. news briefs meant to be read in two minutes or less.
- Philippines boosts army units in South China Sea.
- Philippine Vice President blasts Duterte on Narcotics crackdown.
- Taiwan PM says his country can strike mainland China
- U. S. Pentagon crafts plan for weapons sale to Taiwan.
- On visit to South Korea Tollerson says North Korean military option open.
- U.S. urges North Korea to lease young American student arrested last year.
- Iraqi army sieges new neighborhood in western Mosul. (100,000 have left)
- 46 die in coalition air strike on Immigrant boat attack on Yemen coast.
- Pakistan has first population census in 19 years.
- Asian nations fight to save TPP.
- U. S. stocks depressed over trade war concerns.
- Trump to push vote fight in Congress over heath care bill.
- Trump asks Merkle , Germany past due NATO contributions.
- Trump, Merkle meet in awkward meeting, no handshake exchange.
- Trump says we were both wire taped by Obama.
- Trump to undo Obama auto admission rules.
- GOP outlines future plans for benefit cuts
- U.N. officer resigned over Israel-Palestine segregation report.
- Russia formalizes annexation of Crimea.
- Syria enters seventh year of civil war, at least 350,000 have been killed.
(News gleaned from Network Asia News, CNN, Al Jazeera, and France 24)
All the Best.