Posted at 12:44 pm , on May 8, 2017
Posted at 12:43 pm , on May 8, 2017
- Vietnam sacks cabinet minister, accused of incompetence.
- China further tightens international internet controls.
- Philippines begin to scale down joint U. S. military exercises.
- Indonesia disbands group seeking to establish an in-country caliphate.
- Last day of campaigning in South Korean Presidential election.
- U. S. launches major military exercise in Jordan.
- Palestinian killed after attacking Israel police.
- Syrian rebels begin withdrawing from Damascus suburb.
- Pentagon: Top Al Qaeda affiliate leader killed in Afghanistan in April.
- Two special Ops. Marines killed during battle to eliminate Qaeda leader.
- French election results Macron 66%, Le Pen 33%.
- Macron declared elected French President. (Gov. Official)
- Asian markets open higher after election results, also U. S. EU.
- Oil advances in anticipation of OPEC volume reduction,
- U. S. reports acceleration in jobs gains in April.
- Revenge porn violence reaches one in five Australian adults.
(News items gleaned from Channel.NewsAsia, BBC. CNN, and Aljzeera)
All the Best.