Asia, Middle East, U. S. News meant to be read in two minutes or less.
- Japan passes controversial anti-terrorist bill.
- Japan citizenry protest the new law will eliminate privacy.
- Bangladesh landslide kills 150.
- Indonesia says Jidhist sleeper cells hidden in provinces.
- China’s Carefour supermarkets take dog meat off the shelf.
- Defense Secretary Mattis vows not repeat Afghanistan mistakes.
- North Korea says release of tourist Warmbier was humanitarian.
- UN reports U. S. led air and artillery strikes kill 300 Raqqa civilians.
- Kurdish forces open fresh front to retake older city parts of Mosul.
- Gunman wounds Congressional leader and four others in Virginia.
- Trump visits injured lawmaker in hospital, call for national unity.
- Trump to be probed for obstruction of Justice.
- Pentagon sells Gatar 36 F-15s for twelve Billion dollars.
- Oil prices per barrel hits seven month low due inventory overstock.
- Australia reports lowest unemployment rate in nine years.
- NBA star Curry to skip White House victory celebration visit.
- Boxer Merriweather, martial arts Champ McGregor in August.
- (News items gleaned from Channel.NewsAsia. com and BBC)
All the Best to you.