Posted at 12:47 pm , on December 30, 2017
Posted at 12:44 pm , on December 30, 2017
Asia, Middle East, U. S. News Briefs to be read in two minutes or less.
- China denies selling oil to U. N. sanctioned North Korea.
- Russian tanker moved fuel to North Korea. (Report)
- South Korea ceases ship after discharging fuel to North Korea.
- North Korea planning satellite launch in early January.
- Time Magazine reports North Korea has ICBM capability to strike NYC.
- Taiwan warns of Chinese manuevers near its security zone.
- Jakarta, Indonesia adds 600 anti-Jidhadist monitors to its police.
- Eleven killed in gunmen attack on Cairo Christian Church.
- Muslim Ache province, Indonesia banns New Year celebrations.
- Putin tightens anti-terrorist laws after St. Petersburg market attack.
- Turkey releases German journalist from jail as political ties improve.
- Israel aircraft strike Gaze after 3 rockets were launched from the strip.
- Israel will withdraw from U.N.E.S.C.O. early next year.
- Defense Sec. Mathis sees further U. S. civilian presence in Syria.
- More than 70 suspected IL members arrested in Turkish crack-down.
- Anti-government and pro-government demonstrators clash in Iran cities.
- Trump condemns arrest of peaceful Iranian anti-government demonstrators.
- Deadly H5N2 bird flu virus prevalent in some Russian countryside.
- Bangladesh sets plan to relocate 100,000 Rohingya back to Myanmar.
- Trump disappointed China continues to deliver fuel to North Korea.
- Trump states U.S. president has every right to control of Justice Dept.
- China mall erects humorist dog-like statue of President Trump.
- U. S. military to accept transgender recruits starting Monday.
(News gleaned from channelnewsasia.com, CNN, and BBC)
All the Best to you, and Happy New Year.