Posted at 10:36 am , on December 10, 2017
Asia, Middle East News Briefs meant to be read in two minutes or less.
- Two days ago Trump authorized move of U. S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
- U. N. and worldwide condemnation immediately followed.
- Palestinian President will snub, not meet with U. S. VP Mike Pence.
- Arab League urges Trump to withdraw the presidential order.
- Arab League also urges recognition of a Palestine state.
- Third day of Palestine rage two killed in Gaza air strike.
- Thousands in Jakarta protest U. S. Embassy move to Jerusalem.
- Egypt religious leaders refuse to meet with VP Pence.
- Jordan urges sanctions on U. S. for embassy to Jerusalem move.
- Iraq P. M. declares ISIS nation completely removed from Iraq soil.
- Intel sources state defeated ISIS still significantly poses a threat.
- U. N. : Urgent need to prevent miscalculation in North Korea crises.
- Philippines unveils first WWII comfort girl statue.
- Sri Lanka turns over debt laden port to Chinese firm.
- Fresh winds pose new threat in horrific California wild fires.
- President Trump visits civil rights museum among glaring protests.
New items gleaned from channelnewsasia.com, BBC, and CNN.
All the Best to you
Posted at 11:41 am , on December 2, 2017
Posted at 11:40 am , on December 2, 2017
Asia, Middle East, U. S News Briefs to be read in two minutes or less.
- Russia claims U. S. is provoking North Korea into war.
- U. S. attack on North Korea would be big mistake. (Putin)
- Germany closes diplomatic offices in North Korea.
- South Korea says North Korean missile can reach Washington DC.
- North Korea missile did not contain adequate guidance system.
- Pope mentions Rohingya for second time in Bangladesh speech.
- Nine dead, 36 wounded in Pakistani university bombing.
- U. N. demands Saudi coalition to fully lift Yemen food blockade.
- U. S. Pentagon indefinitely delays decision on cluster bomb use.
- Turkey seeks arrest of U. S. CIA agent in connect with coup attempt.
- Egypt asks help to track Sinai and international insurgents.
- A 6.00 earthquake rattles southeast Iran.
- U. N. asks for 22 billion dollars for humanitarian aid in 2018.
- U. S. lawmakers to pay for federal sex harassment claims.
- Peking to ban fireworks during lunar New Years celebration.
- U. S. approves use of Bit Coins in transactions.
- White House wants to replace Tillerson with CIA director.
- Tillerson denies Trump wants him out of Secretary State position.
- Trump later twitters Secretary ‘Tillerson will stay on’. *
- Flynn pleads guilty of lying to FBI during Russia investigation.
- Flynn’s plea brings the investigation to Trump’s inter–circle.
- Stocks fall on news reports of Trump-Russian collusion.
- U. S. Senate passes massive 1.4 trillion dollar tax cut bill.
(News gleaned from Channelnewsasia, CNN, and BBC)
- *In a top-secret memo, Trump has stated Tillerson will not be relieved until he pays his share of the $338.54 office coffee bill.
All the best to you