Posted at 12:49 pm , on January 30, 2018
Posted at 12:48 pm , on January 30, 2018
Posted at 12:47 pm , on January 30, 2018
Asia, Middle East, U. S. New briefs to be read in two minutes or less.
- More than 90,000 evacuated from active Philippine volcano area.
- President Dutarte meets with volcano response team.
- After two month pause Philippines resumes war on drugs program.
- North Korea abruptly cancels joint cultural program with South.
- Trump rules out talks with Taliban for present time. (takes 2 to tango)
- U. S. Pentagon refuses to release detailed data on its Afghan campaign.
- Turkish forces intensify battle against U. S. backed Syrian Kurdish.
- Interviewed CIA Director says China as a bigger threat than Russia.
- U. S. Assist FBI Director resigns after Trump’s bias criticism.
- Anti Trump celebrities plan “People”s State of the Union message.
- U. S. reports progress in NAFTA meeting, but measured and slow.
- Japan’s exports rise for the fifteenth straight month.
- Japan to punish Coin-Check after $530 million hack.
- Third major Kabul terrorist incident in two weeks kills 11 soldiers.
- Kabul community mourn 103 deaths in last weeks massive attack.
- India government reports country has 21 million unwanted girls.
- India public outraged at reports of eight month old baby raped.
(News gathered from Channelnewsasia, BBC, CNN, and France24)
All the best to you.
Posted at 1:56 pm , on January 29, 2018
Posted at 1:55 pm , on January 29, 2018
Asia, Middle East , U. S. News Briefs to be read in two minutes or less.
- Indonesia President Wododo visits Bangladesh Rohinghi camp.
- Bangladesh leaderships thanks Muslim Indonesia for aid assistance.
- Angelina Jolie visits Rohinghi camps and requests more U. N. aid.
- China says it hopes to get Japan relations back on track after dispute.
- U. S. urges China to release jailed Swedish book seller.
- Weekend marches in Honk Kong aim for release of freedom activist.
- Kabul Taliban attack death toll etc. raised to 103, and 258 injured.
- This day ISIS attacks Kabul military school killing 12 soldiers.
- Russian police detain potential presidential candidate Naveley at rally.
- U. S. Secretary Tillerson says Russia behind Syrian gas attack in 2015.
- Turkey military intensifies campaign against U. S. supported Syrian Kurds.
- Palestinian leaders show contempt toward U.S. after UN-RWA aid cut.
- Republican lawmakers, GOP, call for protection of Mueller/ investigation.
- Head Republican fund-raiser resigns over alleged staff sex accusations.
- Yemen Gov. forces class with Houthi rebels within capital city Sanaa.
- Yemen asks Saudi coalition for assistance to quell crisis.
- Oil stocks advance on lower value of American dollar.
- Coincheck Corporation to repay customer $485 million over hack loss.
- Japan to punish Coincheck over security breach in bitcoin heist.
- U. S. economic official says there is still hope for NAFT reinstatement.
- Michigan faces Federal investigation over Nasser sex scandal issue.
- Cambodian police charge foreigners over pornographic dance.
(News taken from Channelnewsasia, BBC, RT, Alzreera, and CNN)
All the best to you.
Posted at 1:41 pm , on January 26, 2018
Posted at 1:40 pm , on January 26, 2018
Asia, Middle East, U. S. News Briefs to be read in two minutes or less.
- Kabul Intercontinental hotel attack kills total of 42 victims.
- North Korea calls for reunification with South Korea.
- North Korean hockey players arrive in Seoul
- South Korea hospital fire kill at least 37.
- U. S. aircraft carrier due to visit Vietnam in post war first.
- New Russian bomber boosts nuclear forces. (Putin)
- Russian Cinema Group releases Stalin parody film despite ban.
- 6.4 earthquake strikes eastern coast of Russia.
- Trump to cut aid to Palestinians due noncooperation.
- Palestinians slams Trump for threats and as a blackmailer.
- President Trump plans to visit England this year.
- Trump alleged to have ordered firing of Mueller in June. (NYT)
- President and attorneys deny he ordered firing. (White House)
- U. S. envoy Richardson quits over Myanmar ethic cleansing issue.
- 12 months of Trump jumps Doom’s Day clock near midnight.
- Turkish offensive in Syria in full-scale despite U. S. objections.
- Trump backs legislative bills to tighten foreign investment rules.
- In Davos speech Trump says ‘America first will not be alone’.
- But Trump states he will always place ”America First”.
- U. S. jobless claims decrease but less than expected.
- Electric Corp. LG to raise prices of appliances in U. S.
- World’s corral reefs became sick by excessive plastic waste.
- Self driving U. S. Testa crashes into fire truck.
- One cigarette per day raises chances of heart attack. (Study)
- Court sentences Olympic doctor to 175 years for multi sex abuses.
(News taken from channel.newsasia, BBC, and CNN)
All the Best to you.
Posted at 4:24 am , on January 24, 2018
Posted at 4:23 am , on January 24, 2018
Asia, Middle East, U.S. News Briefs read in two minutes or less.
- North Korea intends to maintain a reliable nuclear arsenal.
- North Korea urges termination of joint U. S. South Korea drills.
- China, South Korea, Mexico disapprove of new U. S. tariffs.
- Trump says ‘no tariff war’ despite Asian nation’s outcry.
- Trump invites France’s Macron to White House next weeks.
- Search for lost flight MS-370 resumes today.
- AG Sessions questioned this week in Russia meddling probe,
- Investigator Muiller to call forward Trump to testify next week.
- Trump to give key speech at Devos, Switzerland economic summit.
- Three thousand, from 143 counties, scheduled to attend Devos.
- At least 27 dead in twin car bombing in Benghazi, Libya.
- Kurdish leaders urge Syrians to stand against Turkish assault.
- U. S. urges Turkey to use restraint and to withdrawal fron Syria .
- Police report 22 killed in Kabul inter’l hotel attack yesterday.
- Suspect arrested in Pakistan for murder, rape of 7-year-old girl.
- Death count for German nurse serial killer climbs to 97 total.
- Two teenagers dead 13 hurt in U. S. school shooting.
(News taken from channel.newsasia, BBC, CNN, France 24, RT)
All the best to you.
Posted at 12:11 pm , on January 23, 2018