Asia, Middle East, U. S., News Briefs to be read in two minutes or less.
- Indonesia arrests five terrorist suspects in central Java.
- Jakarta police detain three for counterfeiting U. S. dollars.
- China power usage to surge 5.8 % in 2018.
- U. K., China scheduled to hold trade, investment talks.
- Lethal radiation leaks from Fukushima nuclear reactor.
- North Korea athletes arrive for Winter Olympics in Seoul.
- Complete relocation of Rohingha may take 19 years. (U.N.)
- Myanmar rejects U. N. security council visit.
- Russia to offer space walks to tourists.
- 28 Russian athletes released from Olympic dope ban.
- Boiler room explosion rocks Ankara, no casualties.
- Syria claims Turkish forces are illegal occupiers.
- White House to release secret FBI memo on Friday.
- Third ranking Justice Director leaves Trump administration.
- Three diplomats latest to quit Trump’s state department.
- U. S. manufacturing growth brisk, but trading slight declines.
- Bit coin slides after India, Facebook, and Japan ban commerce.
- U. K. entertainment stars wear black in support of U. S. stars.
- Indonesia Senate mulls outlawing extra sex out-of-wedlock.
- Ache, Indonesia detains dozens of trans-gender citizens.
(News items gleaned from channel.newsasia, BBC, France24, CNN)
All the Best to you.