Asia, Middle East, U. S. News Briefs to be read in two minutes or less.
- Pence does not mention North-South Korean summit at press conference.
- Pence says there is “no daylight” between allies on North Korea issue.
- Trump says 100% for N-S Korea talks but sends conflicting signals. (Aide)
- Anti North Korea protests erupt in Seoul and Pyeongchang Olympic site.
- Seoul demonstrators destroy North Korean flag.
- At lease 27 passengers killed in west Java bus accident.
- Nineteen killed in Hong Kong double-decker bus crash.
- Hundreds gather in Bangkok demanding immediate elections.
- New figures, 277 civilians killed in Syria so far in February. (RT. Channel?)
- India’s Modi visits Ramullah and states support for the Palestine State.
- Israel airstrikes come under heavy Syrian defensive fire.
- Iran slams Israel for attacking its deployment facilities in Syria.
- U. S. coalition lunches airstrikes against anti-ISIS Syrian forces. ?
- U. S. Pentagon backs Israel airstrikes in Syria. (Biggest since 1982)
- Israel shoots down drone, Syria denies violation of Israel air space.
- Putin tells Israel not to contribute to Syrian confrontations.
- Trump says Dem’s Russia-FBI rebuttal memo needs redacting, redo.
- Trump’s Mexican wall may face significant legal opposition, delay.
- OXFAM deeply shamed by some staff member’s misconduct.
- Dow closes Friday 300 points down, after brutal week of losses.
(News items taken from channelnewsasia, CNN, RT, and BBC)
All the Best to you.