Asia, Middle East, U.S, News Briefs to be read in two minutes or less.
- South Korea asks U. S. to lower threshold demands for North Korean talks.
- North Korea talks only under right pre conditions (Trump)
- North Korean official says blocking of harbors is ‘Act of War’.
- Shallow 6.1 earthquake hit off southern coast of Indonesia.
- No term limits for China’s President XI, as favorable stock rally.
- China defends term limits for XI in spite of some international criticism.
- Long held Chinese civil rights leader dies in prison.
- Ghouta, Syria fighting deaths rise in excess of 500 as battles continue.
- Putin approves humanitarian relief corridor for East Ghouta aid.
- U. N. reports readiness to supply life saving aid to stricken Ghouta.
- U. N. delegates seek immediate permanent ceasefire in Syrian fighting.
- U. N. say five-hour ceasefire per day approved by all for Ghouta.
- Iran continues to ban flight over all Kurdish regions.
- Saudi Arabia sacks Generals in first ever military purge.
- Students return to Florida school where 17 were massacred last week.
- Trump tell state governors ‘don’t worry NRA is with us’.
- Trump boasts ‘he would have gone into the school without a weapon’. *
- Trump dau. Evanka, says she believes father’s denial of sex misconduct.
- Siberian winds cause parts of E. U. colder than temperatures in Arctic.
- Accidental drowning in hotel killed Indian film superstar Sirdevi.
- Cuban cigar sales reach record highs globally and in China.
- Ten Russians nabbed for sex training course in Thailand.
* Seeing is believing .
(News gleaned from channel.newsasia.com, BBC, CNN, and RT)
All the best to you.