Posted at 1:15 pm , on April 4, 2018
Posted at 1:14 pm , on April 4, 2018
Asia, Middle East, U. S. News Briefs to be read in two minutes or less.
- China imposes 50 billion dollars of tariffs on U. S. products.
- U. S. shortly to impose 25% tariff on 1,300 Chinese products.
- U. N. probes deadly unnecessary Afghan coalition air strikes.
- Sources of military grade poison in former U. K. spy attack unknown
- Putin, Erdogon, Rouhani meet in Ankara to discuss Syrian strategy.
- Putin, Erdogon further discuss mutual nuclear deal, missile delivery.
- Russia to speed up delivery of S-400 series missile to Turkey. (Putin)
- Russian Intelligence Chief warns of coming Cuban missile crisis.
- Malaysia intercepts the boat with 57 Rohanhya immigrants seeking refuge.
- Philippine Pres. calls U. N. human rights representative ’empty headed’.
- Vietnam Plans tax increase to fight pollution and corruption.
- Cambodia invites foreign observers to its election.
- Indonesia nabs dozens involved in slaughter of protected Sunbears.
- Saudi Arabia anti-corruption sweep enters second level of business.
- Trump sending military to protect Mexican border until wall built.
- Trump says U. S. taxpayers subsidizing Amazon business deliveries.
- Trump planning to withdraw U. S. troops from Syria in near future.
- Dutch lawyer arrested in Mueller-Russia collusion investigation.
- Man climbs Sydney city bridge causes huge traffic jam.
- Indian women fights off tiger with only a stick; (India press, BBC)
(News item gleaned from Channel.newsasia, BBC, CNN, and France24)
All the Best to you.