Posted at 11:52 am , on May 19, 2018
Posted by the author of Rogue Journey,Asia, the way it was 1935–1975, and Vietnam Journey, ten years in the Nam, a family at war story.
Posted at 11:47 am , on May 19, 2018
Asia, Middle East, U. S. news briefs to be read in two-minutes or less.
- Japan is ready to retaliate for U. S. steel tariffs.
- China hopes Merkel’s visit to Russia will ease trade tensions.
- Hong Kong independence leader sentenced to four years for rioting.
- Surabaya teen suicide bomber wept before Christian church attack.
- Eight killed in Afghanistan in sport stadium attack.
- Two robbers killed in Malaysian police shoot out.
- Israel condemns human rights groups as hypocrites over Gaze violence.
- Iranian hard liner cleric Shiite Muchtar Al Sadr wins Iraq election.
- E. U. notifies world bank it will retaliate against Trump’s tariff policies.
- Paris police arrest two Egyptian brothers for planning terrorist attack.
- Arab conference on Palestine talk, no action. Egypt opens Gaze borders.
- Merkel, Putin discuss Iran, Syria, Ukraine, pipeline issues at meeting.
- U. S. criticises laying of joint Russia-German gas pipeline.
- U. S. – North Korea – South Korea summit date still in question.
- Two North Koreans, one a soldier, defect to the South by boat.
- Cuban passenger plane crashes near Havana killing 107 of 111 aboard.
- Former Russian double agent lethally poisoned leaves U. K. hospital.
- Putin sends former agent his regards and wishes for good health.
- Two school shootings in the U. S. leave 11 dead and 12 wound.
- President Trump says a FBI spy was planted in his campaign.
(News items gleaned from Channel.NewsAsia.com, CNN, BBC, and RT)
All the Best to you.
Posted at 4:38 am , on May 19, 2018
via The Gaza Strip and Undeniable Immorality Posted by the author of Rogue Journey, Asia, the way it was, 2935-1975, and Vietnam Journey, ten years in the Nam, a family story.